Position Title: Office Assistant
Location: Beijing, Clean Air Asia office in China
Duration of Appointment: 1 year with possibility for extension based on satisfactory performance, probationary period of 1 month
Application closing date: Feb 5, 2017
Estimated Start Date: Feb 2017
Clean Air Asia is an international NGO established in 2001 as the premier air quality network for Asia by the Asian Development Bank, World Bank and USAID. Our mission is to promote better air quality and livable cities by translating knowledge to policies and actions that reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from transport, energy and other sectors.
Clean Air Asia became an UN-recognized partnership in 2007, our network spanning 250 organizations in 31 countries in Asia and worldwide. We have 7 country networks: Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Vietnam. We are headquartered in Manila and have offices in Beijing and Delhi.
Clean Air Asia has been working on the most pressing environmental issue in China – air quality management - since 2002, and is one of the first NGOs in China focusing on city level air quality management and establishing city networks in this regard.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Office Assistant to join our efficient and united team at the China Office of Clean Air Asia.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of China Director of Clean Air Asia China Office, the Office Assistant shall support the China Director and the team with administrative and financial requirements of the China Office and its programs and projects. The Office Assistant shall also coordinate with the Finance and Administrative Services (FAS) of the Clean Air Asia Headquarters in Manila.
General administration and finance
• Administrative arrangement: arrange administrative matters of Clean Air Asia China Office including meeting set-up, service provider selection and maintenance, office asset management, and other logistics arrangement.
• Finance: develop project financial budget and reports, monitor and record financial management information of the China Office, and coordinate with consultants on contract issues.
• Intern recruiting: responsible for information post, interviews, assigning tasks, and reimbursement.
• Documents filing and update: maintain and update filing systems including projects contract, reports, meeting minutes, contact database and other office documents.
Support to project development and implementation
• Provide support in the implementation of China-based projects including event organization, translation arrangement, contract management, and financial matters.
• Manage China weekly newsletters (English and Chinese).
• Collect and update the monitoring schedule of funding opportunities.
• Deliver other project-related tasks assigned by the China Director.
III. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA
• A university graduate degree in administration, commerce, business management or related field
• At least 2 years’ experience in office administration/finance/accounting for a for profit/ not for profit sector
• Strong sense of responsibility and proven ability to meet deadlines working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Good writing and speaking skills in English
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
IV. DURATION, REMUNERATION and OTHER BENEFITS
The selected candidate will be appointed for one year under a fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance, with a probationary period of 1 month. The base monthly remuneration is competitive but may vary subject to the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Government-mandated employee benefits will also be provided. Clean Air Asia provides 24 days paid leaves and observes 11 public holidays per year. Clean Air Asia also provides opportunities for travel domestically and internationally.
V. HOW TO APPLY
Quoting ‘Office Assistant’ in the subject line, applicants should email their cover letter in both English and Chinese, and current CV (as Word attachment in English and Chinese) to Fu Lu at email@example.com, on or before 5 Feb 2017. All applicants must clearly state in their cover letter how they meet the person specification above, as well as contact details of three referees.
We encourage early application as applications will be processed as they arrive so the recruiting process may end earlier than closing date. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. For further information on the position you may contact Ms. FU Lu, firstname.lastname@example.org.